Contracting with this website.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you, the customer, and www.AllAfricanBooks.com (“AllAfricaBooks.com”, “us”, “we”, “our”).
- As a visitor to or user of this website, you are required to accept and are bound by these terms and conditions, unmodified by you. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, then kindly do not use this website.
- An agreement of sale will have been concluded between you and us when you have electronically submitted a properly completed order for one or more products in your shopping basket, AND payment has been authorised by your bank or received by us in our bank account.
- We reserve the right to amend this agreement or any parts thereof at any time and without notice. Amendments to this agreement take effect 24 hours after the agreement has been amended on our web site, and your continued use of the site implies your acceptance of the agreement as amended.
Products and availability.
- Stocks are limited of all products listed. We attempt to ensure that our product listings are kept up to date as to product availability. When we cannot fulfill a product order because stock has run out, we will notify you and you will be entitled to a full refund of the amount paid by you for that product within thirty (30) days of that notice.
- All books are available for purchase via this website.
- There are no fees for having an account with AllAfricanBooks.com. There are no buying obligations – you order what you want, when you want to.
Cancellation of orders.
- We reserve the right to refuse to accept or process any payment, or to cancel any sale between you and us, if we deem it reasonable or necessary to prevent suspected fraud. In such a case we shall notify you and our liability to you shall be limited to a refund of any monies paid by you, within thirty (30) days of such notice.
- You may cancel any order without attracting any penalty prior to its having been packaged and dispatched from our premises only, and using the specific cancellation facility on this website only. You will be refunded for your cancelled order within thirty (30) day in the following situations:
- If we receive a returned item later than three weeks after the date of dispatch
- if the item is not in mint condition
- if it is a non-returnable item
Payments by you.
- All product listings display the price of the relevant product. Where an item is on sale or promotion, the price displayed is the discounted price.
- We attempt to ensure that all prices displayed are accurate. However in the event of an error, we shall not be obliged to sell the product to you at the erroneously displayed price, but you shall be entitled to a refund within thirty (30) days should you not wish to purchase the item at the correct price.
- The prices displayed are inclusive of 14% VAT.
- Delivery costs are charged separately on check out and do not form part of the product price displayed.Though we endeavour to ensure that the prices displayed on the website are accurate. While we go to lengths to ensure that the prices we display are accurate, we are reliant on our suppliers for providing accurate pricing information and as a result it is possible that erroneous prices may be displayed from time to time. In such cases, we shall not be obliged to sell the product at the erroneous price, and will correct erroneous prices as soon as we become aware of them.
- Displaying a price on the website does not constitute any undertaking by us to maintain that price for any length of time. We will always endeavour to complete your order at the price quoted at the time that the order was placed, but in cases of erroneous pricing or where our suppliers deplete their reserves of specially priced stock, we may cancel all or a portion of your order and fully refund any advance payments that you have made toward the affected products.
- All payments must be made into our bank account, and are accepted via credit card, bank deposit or electronic funds transfer (EFT), Payfast & SnapScan.
- When paying by credit card, the transaction details will be presented to the bank and payment collected immediately when the order is placed.
- When paying by bank deposit or EFT, you will be provided with instructions for payment, and your payment shall be subject to the following additional rules:
- You must pay the exact amount due;
- You must identify your payment by recording your order number and surname in the reference section of your deposit slip or EFT;
- Your order will be cancelled if payment is not received in our bank account within five (5) days.
- When paying by Payfast, you will be taken to the Payfast website, with which you must be registered, and where you will be required to login. Payment will be collected and transferred to us immediately, whereafter you will be returned to this website and allocated an order number.
- When paying by SnapScan, Open SnapScan and use your phone’s camera to scan the SnapCode displayed at the checkout. Enter the amount you want to pay and confirm payment with your 4-digit PIN.That’s it. You’re done! Make sure the merchant has received proof of payment.
- We deliver our products throughout the Republic of South Africa.
- Should you wish to order a product internationally, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to obtain a quotation which shall include delivery charges.
- You need to ensure that you provide us with a valid delivery address and contact number and choose the correct delivery address and delivery method during the checkout process.
- Our product listings include an estimated delivery time for each product.
- Please contact us if you do not receive your parcel within the estimated delivery time provided and we will happily assist in locating it.
- Most products are dispatched within three (3) to four (4) working days after we receive payment confirmation for your order. Most products which are required to be ordered in are dispatched within fourteen (14) to twenty-one (21) working days after receipt of such payment confirmation.
- Where products with different delivery times are ordered together, the product with the longest delivery time will determine the delivery time of the order.
- Should a delay or stock shortage occur after your order has been placed, we shall notify you as soon as possible.
- If a product is not delivered to you by an agreed date or, in the absence of an agreed date, within thirty (30) days of our receipt of your payment for the completed order, you may cancel your order on seven (7) days’ notice to us, using the cancellation facility on our website only.
- If a product which you have purchased is unavailable, we shall notify you accordingly and provide you with a refund within thirty (30) days of notifying you.
- Second hand items sold via this website are is stock sold at heavily discounted prices, on the understanding that they may be damaged or defective in various ways. When purchasing a product offered in defective condition, you do so on an “as is” basis and agree to accept it in a defective state. As a general rule, you are not entitled to return the item on the basis of the defect/s concerned, EXCEPT when the item is misbound or is missing pages (and therefore not readable) AND this was NOT indicated in the product listing. The provisions below apply to products which are sold on the basis that they are not defective.
General procedure :
- If there is any visible defect/s in your product when delivery is offered to you, then you should refuse delivery.
- You should inspect your product upon taking delivery. If defect/s in the product only become apparent after you have taken delivery, then you should report full particulars thereof to us immediately, but in any event within forty-eight (48) hours of taking delivery.
- The product must be returned to our store at your risk and expense, by hand delivery or post, and:
- It must be in its original condition and original unopened packaging (if applicable),
- It must have adequate additional protective packaging to prevent damage;
- It must be accompanied by its original delivery note and full particulars of the alleged defect/s, as well as your indication as to whether you would prefer a replacement product or a gift voucher or refund.
- We shall inspect the product and, if the product is found to indeed be defective, we shall action your request for a replacement product (if available) or a gift voucher or refund either for the value of the purchase price or a reasonable portion thereof, determined by us having regard to the extent of the defect in the item (and, for example, whether the item could nevertheless be read or used, or was not capable of being read or used despite the defect).
- If the product is found to not be defective then you shall be notified thereof, and entitled to take delivery of the product once more at your arrangement and at your cost within a reasonable period after notice to you.
- Any refund due to you shall be paid, if you made payment by credit card, to that credit card account. If you made payment by direct deposit or EFT you shall be required to provide us with your valid banking details for refund purposes. No refunds shall be paid into third party accounts.
- Any refund due in terms of these terms and conditions shall be payable to you within thirty (30) days of your right to a refund arising.
- A full record of every sale and related transaction between you and us shall be maintained on this website, and capable of being viewed and printed by you, for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of the sale or transaction only.
- We take all reasonable steps to protect the privacy of your information. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without either your consent or due legal process.
- You agree that we may electronically collect, store and use the following personal information pertaining to you:
- Name and surname, birth date and location;
- Identity or passport number;
- Email address, physical address, mobile number and credit card billing address;
- Credit card number, cardholder name and expiration date you submit to us in respect of your credit cards;
- Any other additional information you may provide on a voluntary basis.
- We use the information you provide or we collect to operate, maintain, enhance and provide the features and services on this website, to track user-generated content and users to the extent required to comply with all applicable laws, to understand our users’ usage trends and preferences, to improve the way this website and its services work and look, and to create new features and functionality.
- We shall own and retain all rights to non-personalised statistical data gathered by us.
- Facebook competition May 2017.
- To enter this competition, participants must like or follow our Facebook page, share the competition on their timeline and post a comment about their favourite African author.
- The prize is a R1000 voucher that can be redeemed off any purchase on the All African Books website.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash and must be spent in full. (no change given in the form of cash or a voucher)
- The winner will be selected randomly via computer at the end of the competition on 24 May 2017 and will be announced on Facebook within forty-eight hours of the selection having taken place. In the event that the winner cannot be successfully contacted following all reasonable attempts to do so, we reserve the right to draw another winner in substitution.
- The judges’ decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All African Books may, in its sole discretion, change the Terms or any part thereof at any time without notice. You should check them from time to time as your continued use of our website will mean you accept any updated or revised Terms.
- You agree and warrant that your log-in name and password for this website shall be used by you for personal use only, and shall not be disclosed to any third party.
- Any person who delivers or attempts to deliver damaging code to this website, or who gains or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page of this website shall be liable to both criminal and civil penalties.
- This site is for personal use only. You may not make use of content from this site, whether direct or derived, for any commercial purpose whatsoever. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create hyperlinks to AllAfricanBooks.com web pages as long as such links do not portray AllAfricanBooks.com or its affiliates or products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter
Limitation of liability.
We shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from your use of or inability to use this website or its services or content, except:
a. Under the Consumer Protection Act, in relation to items marketed and supplied to you via this website, and
b. Under sections 43(5) and (6) of the Electronic Communication and Transactions Act, in relation to our payment systems being insufficiently secure.
We make no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, whatsoever. Without limiting the generality thereof, we expressly do not warrant or represent that:
a. the content and technology available through this website is free of errors and omissions or that the service is uninterrupted and error-free; or
b. the service available through this website meets your individual requirements and is compatible with your hardware and/or software.
- This website is hosted in and operated from the Republic of South Africa, and thus governed by the laws of the Republic whose courts shall, subject to the disputes clause herein, enjoy non-exclusive jurisdiction.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severed, and the validity and enforceability of the balance of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
Changes to this agreement
- We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions from time to time. It is your responsibility to acquaint yourself with the terms and conditions as modified from time to time. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions or any modifications thereof by us, then kindly do not access or use this website.
- These terms and any modifications to them apply from the time of publication thereof upon this website.
- We shall be entitled to temporarily suspend or permanently terminate your access to this website and/or its services as we in our discretion deem appropriate, should you breach any of these terms and conditions and fail to remedy such breach (where the breach is capable of being remedied) within a reasonable period of written notice to you.
- We shall be entitled to immediately suspend or terminate your access to this website and/or its services on notice to you, where necessary to avoid possible harm to us or our users.
- In the event of any dispute between you and us arising from these terms and conditions or your access to or use of this website, we must first be contacted.
- Our address for all purposes under these terms and conditions, for delivery of notices and communications of any nature, is 22 Osprey Crescent, Capricorn Beach, Muizenburg. Cape Town.
- Any and all copyright in this website and its content and data, including these terms and conditions, vests in us, and is protected from infringement by South African and international law. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
When you visit this website or contact us by email, you consent to receiving communications from us electronically, and agree that all of our communications, including but not limited to agreements, notices and disclosures, satisfy legal requirements including the requirement to be in writing.
Please contact us at email@example.com or 021 788 3024 .
We will always try to be as helpful as we can and solve any problems promptly.